Carnets "Play the World" Scholarship
It's with great pleasure that we offer a limited number of Carnets "Play the World" Scholarships to a select group of League of American Orchestra members. These $500- $600 scholarships are to assist recipients with costs of either the Midwinter Managers' Meeting or the League's annual conference.
NEW!!! As of 2014 scholarships are available for either the League's Annual Conferences or Mid Winter Managers' meetings. League members may apply for one or both scholarships.
A first-time League conference attendee comments, "...I am very grateful for the League scholarship I received. This was my first League conference. I made a number of great contacts and connections and learned a lot in the youth orchestra sessions and about the orchestra industry in general." - Holly Caprell, Executive Director, Greensville County Youth Orchestras. More comments...
Details of the Carnets "Play the World" Scholarship are:
- General Managers, Operations Managers and Executive Directors from League member orchestras are eligible.
- Awards are given to orchestras with a history of international touring or that have an international tour scheduled for a future date. An orchestra and individual recipient are not eligible for the scholarship more than once every 5 years.
- The scholarship is for the League of American Orchestra Conference registration fees or comparable travel expenses.
- The scholarship application will be available online several months prior to the Mid Winter Managers' Meeting and annual Conference.
Scholarship recipients agree to:
- provide CIB with a copy of their League Conference Registration form following notification of the award,
- be available for a photo during the 2013 Conference Exhibit hours,
- provide a brief (3-5 sentences) written summary of the benefits of attendance at Conference, and pick up their scholarship check during the exhibit hours of the Conference.
- NEW - Orchestras are eligible for an additional $250 cash (or equivalent) prize if they receive an ATA Carnet and carnet bond from CIB for an international tour within 12 months of the 2013 League Conference.
For further details please contact Moira Wilson, Marketing and Special Events.