Israeli Wireless Imports
WIRELESS EQUIPMENT IMPORTS TO ISRAEL REQUIRE IMPORT LICENSE
Effective April 14, 2004, the Israeli guaranteeing association advised USCIB and its Service Providers that imports of wireless equipment into Israel require an import license. The products covered include but may not be limited to:
- 1. Cellular phones per list, which is published by the Ministry of Communication, Israel;
- 2. Communication software equipment range 2.4 GHZ;
- 3. G.P.S. Transmitter for Geographical measurements.
The contact persons at the Ministry of Communications in Israel are:
1. Hezi Naor - 972.03.5198266
2. Moshe Galili - 972.03.5198281
As a general rule, ATA Carnet holders should check with the Israeli customs or the Ministry of Communications prior to applying for an ATA Carnet to confirm Israeli restriction or requirements on goods entering their country.
If you experience any problems or have questions about this change please contact the CIB Carnet HelpLine℠ at (800) ATA-2900 / (800) 282-2900 or e-mail us.