Get a UK Carnet
ATA Carnet Best Practices Published
Now there is a single, 2-page document for holders, compliance managers and freight forwarders to refer to for help: ATA Carnet Best Practices.
Here are the top 10 Best Practices in summary form:
- Know your Obligations and Responsibilities
- Read and Follow the Instructions
- Require Employee Training
- Retain a Copy of the Unused Carnet
- Keep Track of Carnet Expiration Dates
- Require Regular Notification By Your Freight Forwarder
- Use the Online Carnet Reports
- Use the USCIB and boomerang carnets® Expiration Notifications
- Make a Copy of the Used Carnet Prior to Returning It
- Purchase Lost, Stolen or Destroyed Carnet Document/Regularization Fee Warranty Protection
And, since no document can replace the knowledge and experience of a Carnet Specialist, always call your carnet specialist, carnet service provider or issuing office when in doubt. Early intervention helps avoid problems later on.